Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jagger or Boyle - Wild Horses...


I have always been a Mick Jagger and Rolling Stones fan - my favorite song is 'Wild Horses' there is something about this song that just settles my soul and my mind. I know it's really a sad song but there is just something...

Recently I have heard Susan Boyle the over night "British has talent" sensation sing this song - who do you think sings it better?

The Rolling Stones


Susan Boyle


Lyrics
Childhood living is easy to do The things you wanted I bought them for you Graceless lady you know who I am You know I can't let you slide through my hands Wild horses, couldn't drag me away Wild wild horses couldn't drag me away I watched you suffer a dull aching pain Now you decided to show me the same No sweeping exits or off stage lines Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind Wild horses, couldn't drag me away Wild wild horses couldn't drag me away I know I've dreamed you a sin and a lie I have my freedom but I don't have much time Faith has been broken tears must be cried Let's do some living after we die Wild horses, couldn't drag me away Wild wild horses we'll ride them someday Wild horses, couldn't drag me away Wild wild horses we'll ride them someday

8 comments:

  1. I have to go with the classic Stones take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like susan's version better! she has an amazing voice and of course a great story!! (you should list this on Musical Monday girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Stones song! Thanks for sharing. I found your blog while searching for something.

    Since its relevant here and you might find it fun/useful. I also wanted to give a plug for a site Ive been working on that helps people share songs with their friends.

    http://www.myradeo.com Its free, easy and there's no account signup. Login with Facebook. Check it out if you get a chance. Hope you like it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure which is better... I'm so glad your sister is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going for Susan Boyle. Thanks for sharing!!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan Boyle has an amazing voice, but I must go with the classic. It is my favourite song of all time!
    Love your blog, and I'm glad to see your sister is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I love the Stones, I have to pick Susan's version. The orchestral backing is beautiful and a little bit haunting. Mick and the boys still have my heart overall, but Boyle wins this one for me.

    Thanks for providing me with a little music break this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin