Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Follow - My Hair Is In A Ponytail"

Friday Follow

Welcome to the SPECIAL edition of Friday Follow celebration hosted by One 2 Try, Hearts Make Families and Midday Escapades! Please sure to visit each of our hostesses and join them every Friday to get more blog followers and to follow other interesting blogs. It is all about sharing and having fun.

"My Hair Is In Ponytail!


My sister Debbie likes to tell the story of when I was a teenager and I was giving her a lecture about how I would NEVER leave the house without make up perfect... the hair done.. and the clothes on just right.... Personally, I have no recollection of this memory... but now that I am the parent to a teenage girl - I tend to believe her memory is most likely accurate....

Today - Dusty (the husband) wanted to surprise the girls by taking them to Boomers (an arcade and mini golf course) after their tennis class... The girls jumped into the car and he said "I have a surprise for you".. My twelve (12) year was excited about the adventure... The almost fourteen (14) year old just scowled.... They arrive at their destination - the twelve (12) year - is shouting praises of excitement to dear old dad... the fourteen (14) year is shouting and moaning in protest..... "My hair is in a ponytail - I hate ponytails!"... "I'm wearing this old tennis shirt - I hate this tennis shirt".... "I'm not wearing any makeup!!!" "I can't go in there - there might be cute boys!!"

So Dusty gave her a choice - you can stay in the car or you can come in with us and have fun.. She decided to go in and her moaning and complaining and "I can't believe you made me come here - there are cute boys here..." It got so bad - that Dusty told her to go wait by the front door - it wasn't fair to her sister to be so mean..... The youngest and Dusty had a great old time - hoping that the oldest would just loosen up... but unfortunately - it never happened...

By the time they were ready to go.... (30 minutes later) - the oldest was in tears.... They came home and I immediately saw something was wrong.... and she screeched - Dad made me go to Boomers dressed like this!!!!! (I'm trying not to laugh - how many kids complain about going to an arcade?) and she looked beautiful.....

Oh the Drama... God, please grant me patience during this teenage years......



MckLinky Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I do. My older son is the same whenever we go anywhere it takes him forever to get ready. Ugh.

    Happy Friday Follow!! Thanks for joining in. Wishing you an amazing weekend -

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    I can understand as parenting a drama queen of my very own. Thankfully we tell her if she's not ready, she gets left at home. Surprisingly she does on rare moments get ready in time.

    Make sure you stop by my blog for a chance to enter in both book giveaways as one ends tomorrow.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. History repeats itself! I bet she was glowing in her own beautiful way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I feel your pain and mine is only 9! LOL

    Stopping by from Friday Follow! I am now following your blog. If you get a chance please stop by and visit me in my corner of BloggyLand.

    www.fivemonkies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! I can completely understand!! I would not have wanted to go then or now without being fixed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through Friday Follow. I am following you now. I hope you'll get a chance to come follow our chaos at http://www.amundsenhouseofchaos.com/351/
    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, what goes around, comes around. One day she will laughingly remember this when HER daughter pulls the same stunt. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin