Monday, April 19, 2010

If You Give Me a Garage Door.. I'm Going To Need A Cookie.....

We bought our home in 1992 - I can honestly tell you it was the 3rd ugliest house on the street... Then the two "uglier" homes decided to have complete makeovers and before we knew it - we had the ugliest house and when I say ugly.. It's with a capital U G L Y!!! Well, Dusty's parents decided to give us garage doors as a Christmas present one year....

Before



The beautiful white garage doors made our ugly brown house with dark brown wood siding look completely hideous.... So we decided to paint and not just paint we had the entire house re-stuccoed.. and after the beautiful peach paint was complete..
We noticed that our metal window frames were just plain awful... so we met with a window guy... and realized that instead of getting two very expensive sliding doors for the upstairs game room we should extend the room out over the never used balcony... So we did it and got two beautiful windows instead... and we learned up close and personal how awful city inspectors can be with their silly permits.... After the addition, paint, and windows were done - it really showed us how ugly our brown shake roof was so..... we decided to get a Caribbean tile roof... Oh the roof was sooo pretty... but all of a sudden we noticed how pitiful our front yard and walkway looked so we had it landscaped... oh we were happy.... until...

After



We realized that our backyard could use a face lift... And not just any face lift... We had the entire place completely demolished.... I'm not kidding.... See..

Before

Before

We turned our backyard into this...






Don't get me started on what we did to the inside of our home.... and it all started with new bedroom furniture..... that's another post....




23 comments:

  1. WOW, you house is beautiful! I want to live there, seriously! I don't think your house looked too bad before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! Your house is beautiful!!!!

    You guys know how to reno right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny!! Great post!! Your house looks Amazing now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you did a wonderful job, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that was one awesome transformation!
    I still have one of the ugliest houses in our neighborhood :o(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job! You want to come over and work on my house? We've done the inside, but the outside needs work now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I'm a bit jealous of your pool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even believe what a gorgeous home you have!!! You have an eye for design. The improvements are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please, please let me come live with you.

    (Beautiful!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! Your house is beautiful!!! The improvements are fantastic!!

    Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow!! I thought your house looked good before you started, but it's beautiful now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! :) I feel the same. But we just moved into our house and my husband is dreading when I hit the remodeling phase.

    Fortunately we have the start of a very beautiful lawn so we are hoping it will come along in no time - landscaping (CHECK). I'd venture to say you no longer have the first or third ugliest house on the block. I'd say you have one of the nicest houses and would love to stop by for some lemonade and a visit! Beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You need to put your house on those House Hunter programs. Gorgeous. Love the pool area! Wo----

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey be on the look out for something special on my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And now you have the prettiest house on the block! So there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowser! Beautiful work you've done there! That back yard? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it!! I so want a pool.......just a tiny one!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you everyone for you kind comments..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What a "home beautiful" post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin