Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What Is Important?


The other day - I realized that I have been with my husband Dusty over half my life...... One of our first dates was my 21st birthday.... and I recently turned 45... Where does the time go? Have I accomplished the goals I had for myself when I graduated from school? Have I made a difference in the world? Have I been a good wife? A good mother? A good daughter? A good sister? A good friend?

Looking back on all my "To Do Lists" - I realized that they all consisted of - work, pay bills, make appointments, and other very general things.... Not one item on any of my lists did I make time for the most important things in my life... My husband.... My kids... My family... My friends... and My God...

Focus....

My friend Joe Mathews shared a poignant story to me recently. His best friend's wife was diagnosed with terminal cancer and given a short time to live. Joe said he watched in awe as Dan and his wife, Christine, began to live each day with tremendous clarity and love. When it was nearing the end Joe finally got up the courage to ask Christine the question: "What does it feel like to live each day knowing you are dying?" She raised herself on one arm, and then asked him, "Joe, what does it feel like to live each day pretending that you are not?"
excerpt from 'Jesus Life Coach' by Laurie Beth Jones

My New Year Resolution is this: Make each day count... Love without ceasing.... Focus on what is important.....

1 comment:

  1. Seize the Day!! that is my motto!
    Carolyn Arends... Christian singer... its her song! ;) and Every Day is New Years Day...
    look em up on you tube!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin