Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Love Dare 38


Today I was to commit to pray for desires that Dusty wants to obtain. One thing that is great about our marriage is that we have many of the same goals. We want to raise our children to be respectable and responsible adults. We want to payoff our home sooner rather than later. We want to be able to live our retirement life (many years from now)comfortably. We want to be happy and share time together. It's amazing that I said the last comment isn't it? Thirty-eight days ago, I was all for separate vacations, separate bedrooms, and basically a separate life....that has changed.
Today, I spoke with a dear friend of mine who's relationship is very similar to the one Dusty and I shared... She told me today that she just wants out but she has seen the changes in Dusty and I. She said it is very obvious..... I know that she can do it too... Nothing is impossible with God...NOTHING... I can honestly say that I am a living testament of that.
Romans 5:8 "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us"
One of the things that was lacking in our marriage was respect. Respect for each other but mostly my respect towards Dusty. I think all Dusty really wanted from me was to acknowledge him as the head of the house in front of the children. To show him the respect that he deserves. I chose for many years not to do that. I would put him down and say the awful things to him in front of the kids.. and my kids started showing disrespect to him...because of me... I know God has forgiven me and I know Dusty is working on it...I have told my daughters how wrong I was and that I wasn't right with God then but now I am... Now I see my daughters respecting their dad exactly how God intended and this is good.. very good.
The Love Dare says the following which is something I need to always remember.
Love calls you to listen to what Dusty is saying and hoping for..
Love calls you to remember the things that are unique in our relationship, the pleasures, and enjoyments that bring a smile to the other's face.
Love calls you to give when it would be a lot more convenient to wait.
And love calls you to daydream about these opportunities so regularly that their desires become mine as well.
It is hard to believe my journey in the Love Dare book is almost done...My journey with Dusty has only begun....
The Love Dare for tomorrow is to write a love/commitment letter to Dusty...until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin