Monday, May 10, 2010

Are We Staying Or Going????


We are on week two (2) of "Are We Staying In California or Are We Going To Tennessee" It's funny the peaks and valleys you hit when you are waiting for something.... When you are waiting for an answer that can potentially change your life.....

Last week I decided to stop watching the pot... I decided to stop thinking about it... Of course that is much easier said than done... Especially when you have a husband that does not know how to sit still... So far - he has cleaned out our three (3) car garage... he has cleaned out the game room..... His side of the closet... and today - he has tackled the kitchen pantry and cabinets.... If anything else - I will have a very organized home after this.....

What drives me crazy is trying to read into messages... What I mean by this - is that - When this whole process started - the hiring guy was selling my husband on the benefits of working for his company and living in the South.... We had never in our wildest dreams ever thought about or considered living in the South... not by a long shot.... But you know what, after the selling and the husband spending a week out there he was sold... He warmed to the idea.... The husband was the ONLY candidate and that was great until........

Company politics entered the picture.... Okay - now - the company had to post the position - of course we understand that... The hiring guy was obviously bummed about this change of events and advised the husband to hang on tight for the next couple of weeks.... Due to the fact three (3) applicants have applied for the position..... It is very difficult for hubby to even think about continuing the job search.... he has decided to wait it out and see what happens.... It's hard to apply and interview for other positions when there is a strong possibility that you will be hired for a different one.... It's hard to present yourself to other potential employers when your mind is on another opportunity....

Today - We He got a message from his potential employer basically stating that the interviews are taking place this week and they will be going through the same interview process that he had and that the hiring guy should have more of an answer by the end of the week... Okay -now I am trying to read between the lines... looking for clues... Yes, I have completely gone insane... Don't you just Hate Not knowing?????

17 comments:

  1. I am no good in these kinds of situations. I want to know and I don't have the patience to wait~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would drive me crazy too! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Absolutely. Although, I know that when God provides an answer He PROVIDES an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, not knowing is awful. Praying for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would drive me completely insane! I am not a patient person so I totally struggle with that. Sending positive vibes and {{HUGS}} Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo...good luck! I hate waiting too. LOL Coming from someone that grew up in the south (Georgia), currently lives in the northeast (New Jersey), and have also lived on the west coast (Arizona)....the south is a wonderful place to live. I miss the "slowness" of the south, and also the friendly people, but it also takes some getting used to. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh!!! I HATE these kind of situations! I'm very impatient and it stresses me out when I have zero control over the way things are going to play out. I'm stressed a lot, lol!!!

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I have never had it to where you have to wait this long for an answer. Hope it comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not knowing would make me crazy...on top of my usual obviously. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agh! I'm feeling for you, girl. Been there and it's the worst stress. You're right, the not knowing is worse than knowing. Know that in the end it WILL all work out. And speaking as someone who has live int the southeast and mid atlantic all her life, I'd rather be here than anywhere else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog..following now..i hate not knowing too...hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My least favorite thing is the 'hurry up and wait' mode. Good luck to your hubby this week! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could 'meet' you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's suspended animation. It's limbo. Yes, I hate it. Let me tell you though - Tennessee IS beautiful and the people are very friendly. AND the cost of living is way less than that of anywhere in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would make me nuts too! I'm sure that it will work out in the end. But hey, having a hubs that will clean everything out is wonderful. Send him our way when he finishes, our garage is a mess!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope he gets it. I think you'll be so much happier. Trust me. Even tho I'm Mo instead of TN, I know from experience that you'll be happier out of CA.

    Having said that, my gut says he has it. There. :)
    Or not.

    heh.
    Man I'm mean!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope what ever happens it's what you ALL want!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That kind of thing could drive anyone crazy! Let's hope it all works out well for you guys. My fingers are crossed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin