Monday, November 28, 2011

Best Buy or Fry's - Who Has The Best Service?

Several years ago I bought a HP desktop computer from Fry's Electronics... I purchased the three (3) year warranty... In less than a year - my computer stopped working - I brought it down to Fry's - stood in the help line for over 15 minutes before someone bothered to look up at me... Then another 30 minutes for the "technician" to plug the unit in... look at the unit... Only to confirm that Yes - it's broken and Yes -it needs to be sent out to the manufacture and Yes - it would take up to three (3) weeks to get my computer back. After a couple of days - I received a phone call from the service department - telling me that the mother board was shot and some other major component was broken - the problems were covered in the warranty I purchased and I should get the unit back in a couple of weeks.... Well a couple of weeks went by... another week went by - finally I got the call that my computer was ready for pick up....

I was very happy to get my computer back until.... I learned that many of the drivers were missing... and many of the same problems were appearing... Took the computer back - only to find out that the mother board was never touched... In addition - something about the back up was messed up and long story short - Fry's messed up and HP would no longer honor my warranty. Fry's had their heads up their butts because apparently they had no idea what they had done wrong and had no idea on how to fix it... I spent over $1500 for this computer and I was stuck with trash.... Fry's would not offer a refund... or a comparable computer... I was screwed... I run a business and cannot work without a computer - so I had to buy another computer and I was NOT going to buy it at Fry's!

I went to Best Buy and right away - I felt a higher quality of service... So much in fact that - I have purchased several computers for my home and office - In addition to the products - the "Geek Squad" rocks... My first experience with them was when they networked my office - I had 3 computers and an assortment of printers that needed to work together - The Geek had me up in running right away and explained to me in detail on how to maintain my network.... And my most recent interaction with them was when my daughters' computer was attacked by a yucky virus... They immediately knew what virus it was - they offered to back up my computer in case anything got lost... (Fry's never offered this).. I purchased a 24/7 Tech support - that helps with anything from removing viruses to installing software to my computer is acting weird and I need you to look at it remotely... Wherever I am - I'm covered.....

I am not a computer savvy person - but I feel confident that any computer problems I have Best Buy is there for me... AND I just bought my first refrigerator in 23 years from Best Buy last month - I loved the fact that I could use their credit card and use it as the same as cash.. no finance charges... no interest.... Would you believe that this post is NOT a Best Buy paid advertisement? It's true... I've been so happy with Best Buy that I wanted to share my experiences... I am however - an approved affiliate for Best Buy but that's it....

Did you know that you can Buy Online, Pickup in Your Local Best Buy® Store. - I like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin