Friday, March 13, 2009

The Love Dare Day 11


Today's love dare was suppose to be easy... Meet a need for Dusty. He needed a ride to the cruise ship and I gave it to him with sunshine and lollipops.. I could hear Leslie Gore singing in the background..Sunshine lollipops and rainbows...then it changed to You don't own me... Seriously, I had to go back to love dare day 1 and 2.... Love is patient. I had to resolve to show patience and say nothing negative... Try doing that going North on the 405 FWY when your husband is griping about the stopped traffic and wants you to cross over double lines to get into the carpool lane. Mind you, it was 12:00 in the afternoon and the ship doesn't leave until 7:00!!! He just wanted to get there early to relax..... So I held my tongue and waited and waited till every negative word I wanted to say disappeared.. God really has guided me through these days...
After we got off the FWY and neared the Cruise terminal, I saw Dusty begin to lighten up. Dusty relaxing is something you can honestly see happening...
Usually when I drop Dusty off at the airport we say a quick goodbye from the passenger side. No I'll miss you or kiss, just a see ya.... Well today, can you believe it he walked around the car came to my window and kissed me...on the mouth!
The problem with a lot of marriages today is that we treat each other with little or no respect. We act as if the marriage doesn't work...we'll go out and get a new spouse. The truth is God made marriage so that we are a part of each other. Ephesians 5:28 - 29 "Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it."
I can honestly say I am seeing a change. I feel a calmness I haven't felt before. I can't change how Dusty reacts to the traffic or how he feels or sees things. But I can change the way I react to uncomfortable situations. I chose not to yell at Dusty on the 405 today and I feel free and calm.. Remember I got kissed....on the mouth.
Dusty will be out of the country until Monday morning so I will continue my Love Dare then...

2 comments:

  1. It's been very interesting reading your journal on how this is affecting your marriage. I started doing this book at the beginning of the year, then had surgery and my dad died, so I got sidetracked. You are inspiring me to begin again.

    God will bless you and your family for your faithfulness. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading this book as well, and remember when I came to this part exactly:
    I can't change how my husband reacts to the traffic or how he feels or sees things. But I can change the way I react to uncomfortable situations.
    So happy you are seeing results. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin