Thursday, March 19, 2009

Love Dare Day 15


Today I was to choose a way to show honor and respect to Dusty. Well, Dusty is still out of town but we do talk on the phone. We are talking much more than we used to...I guess we are finding things to say.
Last night around 9:30 pm my daughter Nikki remembered that she had a paper due in her history class the next day. She typed it up on her computer and went to print it and discovered that the inkwell had dried up. Looking at her computer,I noticed that had she did something funky to the settings and it wasn't displaying right. Wouldn't you know it, the computer deleted all her work! Let me remind you American Idol was on and I was waiting for the voting results. So here I was upstairs trying to figure out what went wrong with her paper and trying to fix the printer...then the phone rings and rings and rings...I yelled downstairs for my other daughter to answer it...is she deaf? I am trying to save/find Nikki's paper, figure out why the printer wasn't working, wanting to watch the last 2 minutes of American Idol and now I have a phone call. It's Dusty... Of course he calls right in the middle of a major crisis and I'm yelling at the kids to ANSWER THE PHONE, WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE PRINTER, WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE COMPUTER.. I really need to work on my Love Dare lessons towards my kids. But God forgive me... I was stressed. Dusty called to ask me to send an email to a friend of his to change something on his pool pick for March Madness....okay 1...2...3... I told Dusty I was in the middle of a major crisis trying to fix Nikki's paper and I'm sure all Dusty heard was blah blah blah...
I do have to admit, I am proud of myself for not hanging up on him..especially when he said I wasn't in the middle of a crisis and to just email his friend. I said could you please do it...(he has email on his blackberry) and he said could you just do this....1...2...3... Okay I said.. Back to Day 1 of the Love Dare - when the only thing you have to say is negative DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL... I said okay...good night and hung up...
I believe my response to last night's challenge was showing honor and respect to Dusty. I honored and respected his wishes. I didn't scream or hang up, which let's be completely honest is in my nature.. God gave me the ability last night to just not say anything... As for Nikki's paper...we had to retype it on my computer which kept us up to past midnight.....and American Idol results...I missed it...
Today I still feel a new love and patience for Dusty..but I guess we all slip from time to time. Tomorrow's love dare is to begin praying for Dusty's heart. Pray for three specific areas where I desire God to work in with his life and our marriage...Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin