Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Love Dare Day 8


Today's love dare was to be Dusty's biggest fan and reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help set my heart on my husband and focus on his achievements. I was to take yesterday's negative list and burn it. Then share with Dusty how glad I am about a success he recently enjoyed.
This dare goes along with praising him and appreciating what he does. Has there been one success lately that I can point out? Not necessarily... I need to keep this challenge in the forefront of my mind. I'm not very quick in pointing out Dusty's successes unless I feel up to it. I don't know if jealousy would be the reason. It might be that I just want to be a brat....okay it's jealousy...
Dusty is probably one of the luckiest people I know. If there's a drawing, you can bet he'll win and the funny thing is Dusty knows it. He expects to win and if he doesn't win it's a shocker. I do have to admit, I am jealous of that. I am usually the person who gets the parking ticket one minute before the expired sign pops up. Yes, I said before... I am the one who gets the weird and unexplained stuff medically and Dusty....well he does have gout on occasion...not jealous of that. It does bother me when he complains and wants attention... Yes, I am working on that....
I find myself waking up wanting to do something loving for Dusty. Today, our daughter won an award for being "Most Christ-like in her Citizenship". We are so proud of her. I called Dusty during the work day and instead of getting the caveman grunts I have become accustom too, he actually had some pep to his voice... He did say he was in the middle of something...and asked if it was an emergency... but the tone was much better. I just said the awards went really well. He replied enthusiastically and said he'd call back as soon as he could to talk. Maybe there is something to this Love Dare stuff... I'm taking pleasure in the little things. Little things grow to be pretty big when finding comfort.
Day 8 of the Love Dare talks about jealousy. It says, when you are married you are suppose to be your spouse's biggest cheerleader and the captain of their fan club. But if selfishness rules, any good thing happening to only one of you can be a catalyst for envy rather than congratulations. The next statement I found very ironic because this was my life.... He may be enjoying golf on the weekend while I stay at home cleaning the house. He'll come home and boast about shooting a great score and I all feel like doing is shooting him!
Because love is not selfish and puts others first...I will praise Dusty and truly be his cheerleader. A loving wife will be the first to cheer her man when he wins. She does not compare her weaknesses to his strengths.
I am ready to love.. To be grateful and to destroy that ugly smelling thing called jealousy.
Tomorrow's Love Dare Day #9 is to think of a specific way I'd like to greet my spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for him. Until then....
Technorati Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin