Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Auto Repair At Your Fingertips


Two summers ago I took my girls on a road trip - we had the best time. We drove from California to Utah to Colorado and back - putting over 2000 miles on the car... Before our trip - I dropped my car off at the local gas station to have everything looked at and update whatever needed to be updated.... We left the house early on a Sunday morning... As I was approaching the freeway on ramp - 2 blocks from my home... the check engine light came on..... I still proceeded to go on my trip and the next morning I called the station and they said don't worry about it - the car is fine and we'll turn the light off when you get back...... When I got home two weeks later - I went to the station and they turned it off - only for the light to come on again.... it stayed on until I brought my car to a station that specialized in my type of car.....

How do you find a shop that can give you what you need? Unless you have a mechanic in the family it is hard to find the right place... until now.... There's a site that I recently discovered called Repairpal
. It's great - you can go onto the site and find useful information about your car. It helps you find a shop that specializes in your car needs..

Let's say you needed to find a Los Angeles auto repair shop - for your Ford Explorer because you need to replace your head gasket.... You can go onto http://repairpal.com and search for whatever service you need.. I loved that you could preview several different shops - compare prices - the site even has a map for you that pinpoints the locations of all the shops in the area you need to be in.... There is so much information about your car that you'll come off the site feeling like a pro...... at least more knowledgeable about your car.

So if you are looking for information on your car from an independent company - then try out RepairPal and let me know what you think...

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. I did not know this....things like this come in handy when you are far away from home...away from your normal mechanic...the one you trust!
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this. After reading your article, I clicked the link and checked it out. The site is laid out well and easy to read and navigate. It really does provide a lot of information. Thanks so much for sharing this. It is now in my bookmark page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! That check engine light elevates the blood pressure instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really interesting and helpful! Thank you. I'm so clueless about fixing anything on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great service! Now we just need a site that will help us find a hairstylist when we need one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing the info! i had my car taken to 3 different places before the final one actually got 'right' what was wrong and gave it a final fix. after i told him i'd been to two other places he even gave me a discount b/c he felt bad. i've never been to anyone else since. it's like finding a good hairdresser -- once you find one, you hang on to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know anything about fixing a car either!
    Thanks for the information.

    Also, you won a copy of Love you to death in my book contest. If you'd like a copy, please send your address to aw97bw(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin