Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Queen Rocked in the 70's, 80's AND STILL DOES TODAY!


I was driving home this morning after dropping the kids off at school and one of my favorite stations played back to back Queen songs... I was transported back in time to the days when I was in junior high school and my 7th grade glee class sang We Will Rock You - while stomping our feet and clapping our hands....


In high school in the early 80's I was a true fan.... Freddie Mercury was an amazingly talented man - his last concert in 1986 and his death November of 1991 left the world mourning his loss...

First song on the radio this morning was...

This song Bohemian Rhapsody was a hit when it first came out in 1975 AND right after Freddie's death in 1992.. I truly don't believe another band is capable of playing this song... this good..



Second song today was....

Fat Bottomed Girls.. Haven't heard this in forever - so hearing it this AM - made me smile..

3 comments:

  1. I love Queen. I think Freddie's death was the first time I had ever cried over the death of a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will rock you is certainly one of the timeless ones! How fun is that??????

    And Bohemian Rhapsody...

    Never heart Fat Bottomed Girls before.

    Fun to think back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this rocking trip down memory lane. I enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin