Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Best Christmas Present Ever

The best presents are the presents that are from the heart... They cannot be bought with money... Last Christmas, my mom asked me what I would like for Christmas... She asked me if there was anything she had that I would want.... I think she may have thought I would ask for a piece of jewelry... or a collector's plate... or something else that had monetary value.... but none of those things came to mind.... The only thing I could think of was a picture... A picture of her and my dad when they were dating... She was 15 and he was 20... I have always thought my mom was so beautiful in this picture and my dad was kind of a hottie..... She had this picture in a picture collage and I have always loved it..... Now I have it on my bookcase for all to see...

Isn't she beautiful?


13 comments:

  1. Yes she is beautiful, but she looks older than 15....

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and your dad is good looking too.

    What a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make a handsome couple, and that photo was the perfect Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute couple! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRICELESS! I love it! You are sooo write. I would rather have a picture or something someone has taken the time to "make" for me, any day.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not supposed to be encouraging dating at fifteen especially when we have soon-to-be 15-year old's. Okay, maybe yours are sooner to 15 than mine but Kelly! What are you doing? :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sew Good - I so do not encourage dating at 15 - I don't encourage it at all - lol.. that is something I am SEW not ready to deal with. (my kid is boy crazy enough - Lord, save me) The reason the picture is so dear to me is that my dad passed away a little over a year ago and I love the innocence of this picture..
    Love to you always.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my yes!!!! That would be something I would absolutely love to display too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful picture Kelly. I was just having a little fun with you as always. :) The only dating I encourage right now is in the form of Larabar's. They are made with dates, fruits and nuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haaa! They are postively gorgeous! Hubba hubba!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful photo. My favorite things I currently possess are my old family photos.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea for a gift; it gets rather ridiculous, year after year trying to come up with the perfect gift, does it not?

    For my folks this year, I did a photo book of some of the previous years best pictures. They loved it. So much better to them than disposable stuff.

    Thanks for stopping by the blog; you are always welcome there, and beware of lurking vampires in your area. Should I see any over here today in the middle of my ice storm, I'll send them your way:)

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful photo. Don't you just love old pictures like this? I'm with you, this is better than jewelry or anything else she could have given you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin