Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Don't Care All Your Friends Have a Cellphone!

My 13 old daughter is convinced I am The World's Meanest Mom because I refuse to get her a cell phone. It has become such a sore subject that the hairs on the back of my neck stand at attention every time the word "cell" comes up. Today, we were having lunch with my mom who innocently said that Nikki (my daughter) could have her old cell phone. Of course the bionic eared one heard that and quickly launched into attack mode saying ALL her friends had one. I don't understand why she would want a cell phone. She is never on the phone at home. Then I get the eye roll. No one really talks on their phone they text each other.
Now I have a HUGE problem with texting. I can't even go to the movies without some jerk kid sitting behind me texting their friend who is sitting in front of me. Last weekend, my husband and I went to see "The Uninvited" and we missed much of this awful movie because a bunch of 13 year old girls were sitting behind us texting their friends.
Whatever happened to getting together with your friends and just hanging out and using real words like "I'll be right back" instead of punching in "brb" on your cell. Or this is a good one.... How about Laughing Out Loud for real.. and everyone hears it...instead of "LOL".
Well, I guess I am the World's Meanest Mom. I just don't buy into getting my kid a cell as a toy. When she gets her driver's license......now that's another story... Well bye for now. or in text lingo....bbl....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin