Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Love Dare Day 14


Today's love dare was to neglect an activity I would normally do so I can spend quality time with Dusty. Well Dusty being the very busy man he is came home around noon to get ready to fly out to Arizona for the next couple of days. Sometimes I think it's a good thing that he breaks up our time together with travel. It gives us a chance to breathe when things are just not going right. Today, I didn't want him to leave...yes that's right. For many of you who know me, I know that's a shocker...I've been known to break out into song when Dusty leaves town...
Another thing I noticed today is that we are being silly again. Not the I'm going to tinkle you silly but the playing off each other's words silly.. The kind of silly that made me fall in love with him 23 years ago. The kind of silly that healthy married people engage in...
So, to fulfill the love dare portion of my day.... I stopped working (I work from home) to go upstairs and just lay on the bed talking to him when he was packing his things.. I know that's really not a big deal..but in a lot of ways it is. One being that I wanted to spend time with him and two a couple of weeks ago neither one of us wanted to talk...... We've come a long way Baby...
I took Dusty to the airport and yes I got kissed right on the mouth goodbye again...This might be becoming a habit...I like it. To put the cherry on top of the goodbye kiss....he blew me a kiss goodbye also...
I find myself looking forward to pleasing him....On a very cool note...as I was coming home from the Costa Mesa area...I saw our new President Obama's helicopters flying right by me...Boy they were loud...
Tomorrow's Love dare is to show I honor and respect him...until then

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when we feel so inspired to love and serve our husbands? When we actually WANT to, when we just can't do enough.

    My hubby had an appendectomy yesterday and is in a pretty sorry state today. As sad as I am for him, and despite the pain I know he has, I am thankful to the Lord for renewing my heart for him. Sounds like that's what happening with you too.

    And, laying on the bed talking can often be better than any card or gift. It's the little things...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Leslie. I will pray for a speedy recovery for your husband. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post:) I think it's so romantic when fall in love with ur husband, again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he blew me a kiss goodbye also...


    That just made happy for you. Keep it up.

    God will keep his promise to restore your marriage.

    Let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting Him...Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.

    ~ Hebrews 10:22-25, NLT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moments like that *are* a big deal, because all too often, we pass by them to do something we need to do. Reading this was very inspirational, and I think I am going to try to skip one time I usually would be doing something else, and spend that time with my husband or one of my children. I read a quote the other day that said "one day we will look back and realize that the little things WERE the big things". So true.

    BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog -- It made me smile to see a new commenter.

    Carrie
    www.mountainrailwayblog.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin