Monday, May 25, 2009

Am I Really Clueless....


I am beginning to believe that my kids have started to humor me.... humor me in the same way I used to humor my mom when I was a teenager.. telling her what she wants to hear and doing what I want... I believed at the ripe old age of 11 12, and 13 that I knew more than she did...I remember talking with friends as a kid and all of us complaining about how old fashioned and dumb our parents were and that we could get away with anything...everything....
I am beginning to understand that my mom knew most of what was going on... she just chose her battles... All these years - I thought I had pulled the wool over her eyes and now that I am the mother of daughters (just like me) mom and I have had some pretty good conversations... about what she knew and what did not know... Obviously, I am not going to share everything... a girl has to have some secrets...and for my friends that know them...shhh - I don't want to give my kids any ideas...
I was a pretty adventurous kid (that's putting it very mildly) and maybe because of the things I did - I'm more protective than I should be... or maybe I know how a young teen's mind works... especially a boy crazy teen...as my mom used to say to me - "You are learning from my mistakes"...
So I am thinking that Nikki and Kara are thinking that they got me...that I am clueless...But you know what? Like my mom before me, I too am choosing my battles.. - Yes, I've become my mother..

1 comment:

  1. Well, I cant say that I have become my mother but I can say I have definately become my father. I already know that my daughter is going to completly break the bank on me.... oh God.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin