Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Gift From My Sister


Today I went to my godmother Maria's Mass and said my Final goodbye... This has been a full week of saying goodbye.. Saturday she left us and I was able to kiss her goodbye.. Monday was the final viewing and today the Mass....Saturday will be the releasing of the ashes... ( I will not be able to go) I know that her immediate family will have a difficult transition in the following days... having lost my dad last July has made me more familiar with loss than I would rather be....

Today my sister sent me a picture of my baptism in 1968.. In the picture is my parents, my sisters, Carlos, and my Maria with her hands on my shoulders... One of the things that made this picture more sentimental was that last night I was talking to her eldest son.. we were sharing memories of our childhood and I brought up this picture. I told him how I kept lifting up my hands and how lovingly Maria (Tete) placed my hands down... I was a stubborn child....but I was well loved.... I had no idea where this picture was... I have not seen it in many years.... and out of the blue my sister sent it to me... I had not told her of my conversation..

Today was a difficult and beautiful day. Difficult knowing that Tete is no longer here on Earth and beautiful watching the family that she lovingly raised. Her five sons and their gorgeous wives and the children...the children that will continue to carry the Legacy of their grandmother....their Tete.

Thank you, Debbie for giving me this picture... Now I will have it forever...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got this picture. Things like that mean a lot in this time of grieving. Praying for you and Maria's family this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! Memories last forever, yet pictures remind us of those captured moments. May God bless you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the loss but what a wonderful picture for you to suddenly receive. God plans everything so it happened for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe it when you told me that you and Carlos was talking about this baptism day and then I posted this picture. I remember that day well too. Maria and Carlos have raised amazing sons and I'm so happy that they are back in our lives. I know Maria is smiling down from heaven, very proud of her family and still loving them ... just from a higher plain.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin