Sunday, November 15, 2009

Your Stupid Ugly Good For Nothing Pride


There is something that is on my heart and mind.... I feel that it is important to say... It's important to hear... Don't let your stupid ugly good for nothing pride prevent you from telling someone that you love them.... that you are sorry... that you hope and pray things are going to be okay.. You have to show you love... you care.... that the other person matters because life is so unsure..... You cannot take your own sweet time to forgive.... to love... to just say "I'm thinking of you".... You have to stop hiding behind your "I'm a victim" facade..... You have to get over yourself... You have to show you care... You just have too.....

Lately - I have come to realize that in life there are no guarantees - I have come to realize that you are in control of your thoughts... your emotions... you ability to love.... to forget... to forgive... You need to make a difference.... You need to not be lazy and resentful by holding onto your perceived anger... your I'm right... your wrong... You were mean... I was nice... Because in the end - who really gives a damn who was right... who was wrong.... The end is the end.... What good memories you make are up to you.. If you choose to hold onto your bitter jealousy then this will only cause you to have a life that will be filled with regret.. Do you really want that? You may have convinced yourself that you have a right to the way you are feeling..... You may have convinced yourself that you don't need anyone.... But in the end you will know that is wrong.... God created us to love.... and to love is to let go..... to love is to humble yourself.... to love is to let go of your stupid ugly good for nothing pride.... Let go - do you hear me? Let go... Woman up... Man up... Stop hating.... and start loving...

There are people in our lives that need to hear we care... that we love.. We may have had cross words or just grown apart - regardless of the reason... You have to make that effort... because if you don't... it just might be too late....

8 comments:

  1. I agree completely. Everything needs to have closure before it's too late. My husband feels like he didn't get the chance to work through some things before his dad died and he can't get over the guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts on love, forgiveness, letting go. Life is too short to do otherwise. I'll be pulling for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sew Good - I am fine - with my sister having brain surgery this week just kind of puts things in perpective... There are people so caught up in their pride that they miss the opportunity to make things right before it's too late...
    Love to you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said, Kelly! It really does all boil down to pride. So many times I retreat into my shell after being wounded, instead of picking myself up and going forward.

    Bless you for this timely message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. We must tell those we love that we do. And tell them when we are proud of them. Sometimes our own fears and insecurities are what keep us from speaking the truth, too. Take care of you and your sister. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed reading this post. It is so true. I hope everything goes well for your sister tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very true... I have reached out this past year to friendships that have grown apart. Feels good to have cleared the air and not live in regret anymore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin