Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Hair Flip... already?


I had a major flashback tonight....I have to laugh out loud...
As many of you know, I run my business from my home office... and today was by the far the busiest most stressful day.....ever... After the kids got home from school - I told them I still had a few hours of work and asked them to do their homework and not disturb me unless it was very important..... well, they were great.. so I decided to take them to Round Table Pizza's family night all you can eat buffet...(Dad's on a business trip - I don't usually cook). I told them we'd go in about 30 minutes....
About a half hour later, I called the girls downstairs... and boy were they "dolled" up... Nikki my 7th grader - changed her clothes into her cutest skinny jeans and white blouse and of course her makeup was perfect... along with her hair... Kara my 5th grader had tried to sneak in a little bit of makeup and her cutest clothes... (I had to smile and pretended not to see the makeup..) So we head over to the pizza joint.....
We get there and not too many people are there...the way I like it... all of a sudden here comes a little league or junior high baseball team.... I could see my girls' eyes bug out from the corner of my eye... oh boy... What was really funny to watch was the boys for no reason at all come walking by our table and pretend to be lost......I am not ready for this... all of a sudden I see Nikki do the hair flip..... I can't believe she already knows that trick.... and Kara pretended to show so much interest in the video motorcycle game... when only fifteen minutes before she said it looked dumb... I gave the girls some change to play games or whatever and to watch them trot around the place with their big laughs and hair flipping reminded me of a mating dance.... When did they grow up and learn the art of flirting??? I am floored.
Then I had a major flashback of me and my friend Lisa when we were in the 8th grade.. We went to Lisa's dad's softball game and we did our make up and we put on our nicest clothes and we were being silly in front of the boys and the hair flipping.... and I had to laugh out loud..... I have become the mother of .........me......I'm doomed....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't believe how early it seems to start. Of course I did the same thing at that age but back then I seemed or at least felt older. I am dreading my girls getting to that point!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin