Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Okay, I'm A Little Distracted


I do not do well with distractions... When I am working in my office and one of the kids walks in to ask me a question or come in for some attention.... I can get angry... Angry because I lost my focus on what I was doing... angry that I can't concentrate on "my" stuff.. I get angry in my selfishness...... My kids need my focus on them too... they need me to say..."Wow great job" or "I know, honey" or "ouch, that looks like it hurts"....but sometimes my obsessive compulsive behavior gets in the way of what is truly important.... my children... my husband.... my family.. I have been known to let my business just take over and before we had kids.... that was somewhat okay because Dusty and I were both working hard to gain our dreams of a large home that we can fill with our children... So looking on what we were striving for - I can check - got the house... and check we have a family.... Now is the time to spend time with them...to appreciate what Dusty and I always wanted....children.. the loves of our lives..
Jesus is a good teacher in dealing with distractions. Matthew 19:13-15 Some children were brought to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. The disciples told them not to bother him. But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." And he put his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left... Distractions happened all the time in Jesus' ministry - the difference is the way he handled distractions.. He saw distractions as opportunities - to love.. to show others that they are worthy of His attention...
My kids... my husband... are worthy of ALL my attention.. and I need to start letting the distractions become an opportunity to show them just how much I love them and appreciate them...

4 comments:

  1. I lose my focus easily. ( I have the attention of a fruit fly!)
    That was a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I use this post in the next MW E-newsletter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momsweb - of course you can post. Thanks for asking!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin