Saturday, May 15, 2010

Running Around Like A Chicken


Growing up my mom used to say - "I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off" - Growing up on a farm - she had experienced this crazy phenomenon...

Well as you know - I've Become My Mother! and I can honestly say that this week - "I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off!" Thankfully I do not have the visual to support this thought.... What I can say is that I am going in a thousand different directions - trying to maintain a business, be a mother to two incredibly busy teens, and be a supportive wife... Most weeks... most days are great - I can honestly say I love my life... I am truly blessed... But there are days that I would love to just stick my head in the sand and hide... I'm sure you know the feeling....

This waiting is not bringing out the best in me... The extreme highs and lows of the wait are difficult to say the least... I do trust God to know what's best for me.. best for us as a family. That is not an issue... But my desire for an adventure is... My desire to know things RIGHT NOW is.....

So this week - we have been preparing ourselves for what may come.... Cleaning out rooms... shredding 20 year old tax returns.. (Yep, I don't throw much away), remodeling the kids' bathroom (new tile, sink, and vanity)... While still running a busy business... still obtaining new clients... still helping with homework, still cooking dinner, and still just being a mom... a wife... a woman...

So what am I going to do today? I cooking chicken of course...

9 comments:

  1. I'm just thankful you didn't have the visual. You are wise to prepare ahead of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up on a farm and witnessed this phenomenon myself - not pretty! I hope answers come soon, so you can plan and know what's in store for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is the second post today with chickens in it! My grandmother didn't cut the heads off, she snapped them with a flick of her wrist; effectively killing them. I remember how terrified I was the first time a dead chicken flopped over to me and landed on my foot! Some days are like that, though, I flop around and accomplish little and even manage to step on toes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life will just keep ya jumping, won't it? I sure hope things calm down and figure themselves out for you soon. Luv ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things settle down for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has to be hard not having an answer yet! Here's hopeing that you have one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned the hard way to leave it all up to the Heavenly Father.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your closing line made me laugh out loud....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the last line. I hope you get your answer soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog! If you ever find an answer to the dilemma of getting your husband to put his clothes away, let me know!I love the idea of the binky throwing away ceremony!

    http://housewifeeclectic.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin