Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting Ready To Save Money - Join Me? 2


Pictures Of My Beautiful Girls At Their Christmas Ball

Last week I invited fellow "want to save money" bloggers and friends to join me in a January Challenge - Feed A Family of Four on $10 a day... The challenge also includes any tips on money savings - stretching the dollar... I am asking for tips, recipes, ideas, and whatever you can contribute to the January Challenge - So far I have a few bloggers ready to share - Also - anything and everything that is submitted will have a link and credit that will go back to the contributor...

I would love your input - Please email any tips, recipes etc to me at Ivebecomemymother@yahoo.com

So what have I done so far??

Yesterday - I created a menu using only the items that I had in my kitchen... So here it is

Breakfast (it's Christmas break so it makes it easier).. Frozen pancakes, Frozen french toast, eggs, cereal (all kinds), and Nutrigrain bars.

Lunch - lunch meat, canned chili, fruit, tuna, boxed pasta, frozen corn dogs, soup, frozen chicken nuggets, egg salad.

Sunday night -Jerk Chicken - Homemade - This is my husband's favorite recipe.. It's easy and really yummy - (I found an old post with this recipe and a video of my youngest making it - I had forgotten about it - nice find.)

Monday night - Ahi Tuna - I bought 2 steaks from Trader Joe's a while back and I keep forgetting to make it - the kids will have Bertolli's Chicken parmigiana - this is surprisingly really good....

Tuesday night - Beef and cheese enchiladas, re-fried beans ( I had 6 cans, really), Spanish rice, and salad. I had bought a couple of cans of Target brand enchilada sauce - I have no idea how it's going to taste - I typically make my own sauce but I was looking for a short cut - I will finally use it - I'll let you know how it tastes.. And the other 5 cans of re-fried beans - they are being donated in a Christmas food drive tomorrow morning at my husband's work...

Wednesday - Mini slider burgers, tater tots, and corn. I am hoping the burgers are still tasty and not too freezer burned... They were purchased a few months ago - I don't have mini buns and I went by Albertson's yesterday and they no longer carry them - we just might have to use regular bread or the we can double up the burgers and put them in a large bun... I'm sure we'll figure it out...

Thursday - Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic toast, and Caesar salad - simple.. I will have to buy lettuce....

Friday - Pork chops, apple sauce, and cheesy potatoes... Last week - I grilled them - I usually bake or fry them... But I have to say the grilled ones were amazing and I'm doing it again...

Saturday is Christmas Eve - We will be celebrating with my mom that night -We are attending service at her church and then take her out to dinner... Looking forward to this...

Sunday is Jesus' Birthday also known as Christmas... Dinner will be at my in-laws... Looking forward to it....

So yesterday- I went to the market for dog food, fresh fruits and veggies and what did I see?? The meat department was having an amazing sale.. So I loaded up on buy 1 get 1 free chicken breasts - 50% off on beef rump roast and lean hamburger at 2.75 per lb - got a few pounds... The prices were good..

Today - I have also cancelled all movie channels as of January 1st.. So glad Dexter's season finale was last night.. ha

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you already had those frozen breakfast entrees in the house, as they are super expensive for very little food value. You'd be over your $10 limit in no time. A dozen eggs is cheaper than a package of frozen waffles and you can do so much more with them. Also, they have protein and less sugar in them.
    Just sayin.... Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin