Sunday, October 23, 2011

Courageous - A Must See For Every Dad and Mom


Yesterday I had the privilege of having a mom/daughter day with my mom.... We went to Johnny Rockets for lunch and the movies to watch Courageous.... Watching this movie honestly gave me a kick in the head... I think everyone in the auditorium yesterday definitely got something out of this movie... As we were walking out - I overheard one man telling his fellow movie goers that he believed every dad should watch this movie... I could not agree more... I also believe every parent (mom or dad) could benefit...

The basic premise of this movie is to remind us that our priority should be raising our children. So many of us spend our time hanging out with our friends... working on our careers... relaxing in front of the TV.. when what we should be doing is spending quality time with our children... Loving our spouses... Providing a home... Setting an example of the kind of man or woman they should be... As parents we need to work on our marriage - we need to honor each other... We need to love unconditionally... Always..

Every child needs a dad... Many children are raised without a father figure... It's not to say that single moms are not getting the job done - I believe most are... but that does not take away from the fact that statistically - children who do not have a father figure in their lives end up being a sad statistic... Absent fathers need to step up to the plate - they need to get their head on right.. they need to grow up - take responsibility - and take care of their children!

I hope that Sherwood pictures comes out with a movie for moms... I have enjoyed every movie they have put out so far... Facing the Giants and Fireproof... Below is the trailer for Courageous.. I hope you can take the time to see this movie for yourself.... and bring some tissue and a helmet - You just might be kicked in the head too...

2 comments:

  1. We saw it last week and thought it was amazing! I agree with everything you said. It's the best movie I've seen in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to cry big time at this, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin